Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TG01-0023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My pc has a 256gb SSD which is frankly not enough storage for gaming. I looked at the specs of the computer and I found this pc has two PCle expansion slots, one is PCIe x 1 and the other PCIe x 16. I'm not very familiar with computers, could someone please find a 1 or 2tb hdd that's compatible, thanks! 

(Motherboard name is Erica)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@syko99 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06693646

you should be able to add 1TB or 2TB HDD to your machine as shown on another machine

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06549523

Its specs says it has

• One PCIe x16 socket  - for a video card already occupied
  • One PCIe x1 socket - for wifi card already occupied
  • One M.2 socket 1, key A
  • One M.2 socket 3, key M for SSD (PCIe x2) - for M.2 hard drive already occupied

As mentioned above, you should be able to add 1TB or 2TB HDD to your machine, you may need a SATA cable to connect HDD to its mother board.

Updated: Any standard  HDD for desktops should work. Popular brands: WD, Seagate, Hitachi, Toshiba ...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@syko99,

The motherboard supports 2 hard drives.

You will need the power cable (has 2 power leads) and a SATA Data cable per hard drive.

The necessary power cable that attaches to the motherboard.

Where is the hard drive trays or mounts?   also see this.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.