Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0022nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm looking to changing my 310w psu, to an other one more powerfull, because I need to change my graphic card from a 1050ti, to a 1650 super, but I can't find a compatible psu to put on. Someone know what kind of psu I need to put on? Thanks for help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@P1990 

I would try the 1650 without a PSU upgrade first. Most likely you wont need to upgrade. The power draw from the 310w PSU is currently almost 100w under its potential anyways. If you do have to upgrade, there is a 400w unit you can purchase from HP parts store or at another store like eBay, but it wont have the 6 pin power connector required on some cards. You would want a card that doesn't need the secondary power connection.

HP PartSurfer Part #: L64961-800

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice, so for example this one can run with a 310w PSU? because it doesn't need an extra power connector: https://www.amazon.it/Gigabyte-GV-N1650OC-4GD-scheda-video-GeForce/dp/B07QHGKC2D?pf_rd_r=CSHTM5053FX...

Do you also have the code for a 400w PSU in case the 310w is not good, thanks for help.

HP Recommended

That one might not fit due to size. You need to measure the room you have inside your case and compare it to the card specs.

The part number of the 400w psu is listed in my last post. Please read it again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.