Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X 900 VT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to disable secure boot and accidentally disabled my USB ports - now my keyboard and mouse are disabled so how can i get back in to the setup to re-enable them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Got on to HP tech support and all fixed.

Seems when I was turning off security on the USB ports it actually turns the ports OFF.

Had to reset bios.

Here's the steps...

1. Turn off Omen

2. Open Omen

3. Remove CMOS battery (top right hand corner of motherboard - standing vertically

4. Remove power cord from Omen

5. Press and hold power button for 30 seconds

6.  Please CMOS battery in holder

7. Plug Omen in to power

8. Power up - Omen will start up and stop multiple times

Voila!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Got on to HP tech support and all fixed.

Seems when I was turning off security on the USB ports it actually turns the ports OFF.

Had to reset bios.

Here's the steps...

1. Turn off Omen

2. Open Omen

3. Remove CMOS battery (top right hand corner of motherboard - standing vertically

4. Remove power cord from Omen

5. Press and hold power button for 30 seconds

6.  Please CMOS battery in holder

7. Plug Omen in to power

8. Power up - Omen will start up and stop multiple times

Voila!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.