11-27-2019 02:08 AM
Hi! Im wondering if it will come a new BIOS soon? Sometimes when i play its freeze in like a second with a BRR sound. It was worse Before the F.20 update but its better with the latest. But this was in May and will it come a new BIOS update that will make the PC more stable? Thanks Regards Robin
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-29-2019 04:26 PM
@weezc00 There are no details available as to when a new update would be released as its up to the manufacturer of the motherboard and the chipset to release one and the same will be edited by HP before its released on the HP website, that said, if you are experiencing slow performance issues, you may want to check the below steps to resolve the issue:
Let's start with performing a hard reset on the PC to release any excessive static/power that could have caused the issue.
- Turn off the computer.
- Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
- Unplug the power cord from the computer.
- Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
- Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
- If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
Second, you can check if there is Bios update available for your PC, here is the link to download.
Performing a test on the Hard drive as well as on the Memory from the Hardware diagnostics:
Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
Click Extensive Test.
Click Run once, or Loop until error.
While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen. The test can take 2 or more hours to complete.
If the diagnostics are not available when using the F2 menu, run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics from a USB drive. To download the latest version of the diagnostics, go to the HP Hardware Diagnostics website. For instructions, see Testing from an external USB device.
The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter:
CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE (Scroll to the bottom for more options)
(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee