Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 25L Gaming Desktop PC GT15-1000i (6J772AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I just received the Omen 25L desktop today and on powering it on I was met with a blue screen saying hello there. It asked to confirm my country, language and time zone which I did.

on pressing next it says why did my PC restart : There’s a problem that’s preventing us from getting your PC ready to use but we think an update will get things working again. I pressed next and connected to my Wi-Fi and it then just booted and shows the same screen again over and over.

what’s going on as I don’t know what to do?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @trueblue7 

Have never seen the Out of Box Experience you are seeing.

Can you use an Ethernet connection to see what happens? I have set up Windows 10 and 11 using no network connection with zero problems.

Two possibilities:

1. Corrupted system image, very unlikely but anything is possible.

2. Faulty hardware.

I would return the brand new PC to the retailer for an exchange or a refund.

Regards

HP Recommended

I managed to resolve this.

I got into the troubleshooting options and had to select the option of a system reset and for it to redownload Windows again. This managed to complete the installation. I wasnt expecting to have to do that for an out of the box PC but it all seems fine now.

HP Recommended

Hi @trueblue7 

Good work.

It looks like your PC had a corrupted system image.

Very unusual.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi @trueblue7 

I would run HP Diagnostics to verify the hardware.

Start the PC. Tap "ESC".

Select "F2". Run system and component tests.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.