timalan
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New computer turns on but doesn't work

OMEN desktop 880-010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hooked up everything turned it on, all the lights come on, and all i get on my monitor is No Signal.

after a a minute or 2 the screen goes blank and then after another minuter or 2 the computer shutsdown and the power light blinks.

4 REPLIES 4
Joice22
Level 2
12 12 1 3
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please do follow the below document for the issue. Hope it will be helpful.

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/bph04760

Regards,

Joice.

I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
0 Kudos
Level 2 CSSethi
Level 2
27 27 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you performed any Windows update recently ???  Pls refer to below article for recent issue observed :-

HP Consumer Notebooks and Desktops - The Computer Hangs at a Black Screen After Windows Update

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05704298

0 Kudos
timalan
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no i got it out of the box i hooked everything up, made sure  had the right HDMI in turned it on and it said No Signal i tried 3 different HDMI Cables and 3 Different slots same thing. i wasn't able to get to windows, there is power, the system lights up but that is it. i can't get it ino Bios i tried and tried... but the keyboard is working cos i press the cap and the light comes on. it seems like the monitor isn't getting a signal, i wonder if the HDMI is damaged?

is there a way to check that?

i thought about gettinng a DVI Dual link cable and trying that to see if that works, if it doesn't that means its the computer, i got this from QVC cos can pay payments, so i will send this back and get another one but if the same thing  happens i am not getting anymore HP.

at first a friend of mine suggested it maybe in a strange like sleep mode or something like that and told me to unplug the power cord from back of the computer and repeatedly press the power button for a minute to discharge everything out and plug back in and see if that works, it didn't.

but i am going now to get a dvi cable to see if that works..

Thanks

timalan

0 Kudos
timalan
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am happy to say i figured out the problem myelf, i went to staples and got displayport to hdmi and it worked,,

i am on my new computer now.

thanks for all that replied.

i really appreciate your help!

Take Care!

timalan

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation