Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Msi Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GT OC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i have troubles with my new GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GT OC, as soon as i put the gpu into my pc, it starts, but crashes in about 1 minute. If i push the power button it starts the PC, my keyboard, mouse and monitor starts normally but keep restarting, it does it like 3 times and then it stops working. My friend recomended me to buy a new PSU, so i did 😄 because mine one was too weak, but it didnt solved the problem, the same thing happening even with the new psu, i can get into my desktop only in safe mode. Now i got information about that i could not be compatible with my motherboard or CPU, but i dont want to spent more money on just experiments 😄 Thanks for any replies

- Every time i put the older GPU (GTX  745) back, it works properly

My PC:              -                 HP pavilion - 500-434nf

New GPU :      -                 Msi Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GT OC

New PSU:       -                 Corsair VS550

Current RAM :                 8GB

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The 1050 could be faulty.

Did you disable Secure boot and enable Legacy boot in the BIOS (Link) before installing the 1050?

Did you completely uninstall all 745 graphics drivers (and verify you are using generic Windows drivers) before installing the new graphics card?

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, i will definetly try those bios settings, even i have only access to UEFI, but i think those settings were there when i was working with it last time. With the drivers,.... honestly i am not 100% sure what are all drivers, is it just the things i uninstalled from geforce experience, or should i uninstall something else ? Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Shrimp22,

I would disconnect from the network so Windows Update does not download and reinstall the drivers you are going to remove from your PC.

Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features.

Uninstall Nvidia graphics drivers.

Reboot. Check Programs and Features again. Uninstall the Nvidia graphics drivers if an older version exists. Keep doing this, if needed, until there are no Nvidia graphics drivers in Programs and Features.

You may have multiple versions of Nvidia drivers stored on your HDD. This depends on if you updated drivers with newer versions or you did clean installations of new Nvidia drivers.

Regards

HP Recommended

Okay so, i did the secure boot and legacy boot thingy, i heard that if you are changing nvidia card to never nvidia card you no need to uninstall the drivers but keep them up to date, i put in the new card, started the pc, and as it was about to show the desktop, it made the screen black, but not absolutely black, there was still light comin from it, my mouse and keyboard kept working, happened multiple times, but its not crashing or restarting, theres progress

HP Recommended

I got into the desktop, started to update drivers, it updated, and wanted me to restart pc, i restarted and i cannot get back to the desktop, pc keeps restarting, sometimes it gives me the blue solution screen

HP Recommended

Hi,

It really sounds like you may have a bad graphics card.

Can you try this GPU in a different, compatible PC?

Regards

HP Recommended

Not really, i could send it back to claim it and they should send me a new one or tell me that the GPU is alright, any tips what should i text to the claim message ? It crashes everytime i install the drivers and cannot get back to desktop

HP Recommended

Hi,

You had a 745. You upgraded to a 1050.

Why don't you remove the 745 drivers before you install the 1050? That is a pretty big jump in GPU versions. Do you think you can run a 1050 on 745 drivers?

Maybe you don't have to remove the previous GPU drivers. It does not hurt to do this. It only takes a few minutes unless you have multiple versions of the 745 drivers on your system.

Tell the GPU OEM what you just told me. Tell them you are not removing previous Nvidia drivers.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.