Chandra87
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Signal in HP envy phoenix 810-000 ae

HP ENVY Phoenix 810-000 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Dear HP Team, I have purchased HP envy phoenix 810-000 ae from Qatar around 2 years back and i was not using it that much, once a week for one or two hour only and it was working fine. Today i tried to turn on My PC but can't get signal in my monitor (Samsung Monitor). I have changed Cable but still same issue. i tried same cable from my laptop to Monitor, working fine. I cleaned ram, same issue. I have only one normal HDMI port. Please help if there is any solution.
5 REPLIES 5
Level 12
Level 12
5,773 5,761 545 1,203
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Chandra87

I don't work for HP.

You have established the data cable and the monitor are not the problem. So it is probably a PC problem.

Please provide more information.

Complete product number of PC would be good to know.

Have you upgraded any hardware?

Are fans running? Any activity on front panel (LED)? Any HDD or CD/DVD spinning up sounds?

Is the rear power supply LED on or flashing? What color is the power supply LED?

Any LED activity on the motherboard?

The problem could be a simple hardware problem or the motherboard may have failed. You may have to remove and replace components to find the bad part. There are too many points of failure to check. Using a forum as a vehicle for troubleshooting hardware is not the best way to go.

It is usually easier to have a local good PC technician have a look unless you are comfortable with working inside the chassis and you have replacement parts.

Tom

0 Kudos
Chandra87
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply even you are not working for HP. I haven't upgrade any hardware. Fan are working fine, Processor fan working and back fan also working and its giving red color light and front panel also giving red light. Also i haven't notice HDD sound cos since i purchased this PC i haven't noticed sound but i think its working. I think also motherboard issue but no any export person here to fix motherboard. I think this $2,100 Price PC going to be Garbage for me.
0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,773 5,761 545 1,203
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You are welcome.

Is the HP 810-000a your PC?

What color is the back power supply LED? It should be a solid green LED. It could be a power supply problem if the LED is not a solid green color.

It could be any of the following hardware which is causing this problem:

1. Power supply,

2. Bad stick of RAM,

3. Graphics card,

4. Possible short with an attached device such as the card reader, HDD/SSD, or CD/DVD drive,

5. Motherboard,

5. Possible CPU but this is very unusual unless it has been fried by a short or pins on the CPU socket are damaged.

Do you clean the insides with compressed air on a regular basis? Dust buildup can cause strange behavior.

You have to look at each component to find the cause. This is why it is easier and less expensive to have a local PC technician troubleshoot the problem.

Tom

0 Kudos
Chandra87
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Mr. Tom,

Sorry my mistake, The PC name is HP envy phoenix 810-000 ee.

LED is working fine, i have tried same LED with my other Laptop.

what i have done as you mentioned below.

1. Power supply - I think Power supply working because all fans are woring included Graphics fan and light are working same as a new PC.

2. Bad stick of RAM- I have changed ram, i have changed all port and check everything with RAM but not solved.

3. Graphics card,- I haven't tried because its expensive and i think it should give me a screen even graphic error . insted of Graphic card replace, i have Pluged External Keyboard with motherboard and Press NUM Lock Key whether its working or not. (Not worked)

4. Possible short with an attached device such as the card reader, HDD/SSD, or CD/DVD drive- I have never used CD/DVD and external SSD/HDD with this computer.

5. Motherboard,- No idea but i have  replace the new Battery.

5. Possible CPU but this is very unusual unless it has been fried by a short or pins on the CPU socket are damaged- I don't think so because i have never open and try to do something with it. 

Do you clean the insides with compressed air on a regular basis? Dust buildup can cause strange behavior.- I had never cleaned my PC until this happen but yes there was alot of Dust which i have cleaned recently.

0 Kudos
Chandra87
5 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Mr. Tom,

Sorry my mistake, The PC name is HP envy phoenix 810-000 ee.

LED is working fine, i have tried same LED with my other Laptop.

what i have done as you mentioned below.

1. Power supply - I think Power supply working because all fans are woring included Graphics fan and light are working same as a new PC.

2. Bad stick of RAM- I have changed ram, i have changed all port and check everything with RAM but not solved.

3. Graphics card,- I haven't tried because its expensive and i think it should give me a screen even graphic error . insted of Graphic card replace, i have Pluged External Keyboard with motherboard and Press NUM Lock Key whether its working or not. (Not worked)

4. Possible short with an attached device such as the card reader, HDD/SSD, or CD/DVD drive- I have never used CD/DVD and external SSD/HDD with this computer.

5. Motherboard,- No idea but i have  replace the new Battery.

5. Possible CPU but this is very unusual unless it has been fried by a short or pins on the CPU socket are damaged- I don't think so because i have never open and try to do something with it. 

Do you clean the insides with compressed air on a regular basis? Dust buildup can cause strange behavior.- I had never cleaned my PC until this happen but yes there was alot of Dust which i have cleaned recently.

Thank you

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation