cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
BlickFang
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

No Sound on microphone port

HP Recommended
TG01-0170m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I am unable to hook up my little 4 channel mixer to this computer and get input sound.  I have tried so many things I lost track of them.  Everything to BIOS tweaks, Sound tweaks, Recording tweaks.  The sad part is my old HP has no issues.

I am trying to use the back port to plug in the 1/8" stereo plug.  Can you help?  Should I return this?  It's brand new.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BlickFang
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Old_geekster

I found the solution on youtube.  The problem was Windows 10.  It breaks the Realtek drivers for the line in on the rear port.  I went to the realtek website and downloaded the hidefinition audio pak(8 channel).  Beware that realtek must be using a 9600 baud modem (!)  It took 4 hrs for a 256MB file.  Thanks for noticing! 🙂

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,651 9,297 2,965 11,396
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BlickFang , welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, HP doesn't provide much information on their Configure To Order (CTO) models in the Product Specifications page.  What is the make and model of the 4 channel mixer.  I will do my best to see if I can help you get it to work properly.  It may be that the computer doesn't have the correct ports to connect the mixer.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
BlickFang
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Old_geekster

I found the solution on youtube.  The problem was Windows 10.  It breaks the Realtek drivers for the line in on the rear port.  I went to the realtek website and downloaded the hidefinition audio pak(8 channel).  Beware that realtek must be using a 9600 baud modem (!)  It took 4 hrs for a 256MB file.  Thanks for noticing! 🙂

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,651 9,297 2,965 11,396
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @BlickFang!

I am glad that you found the solution to your problem.  I'll bet that Realtek is being hit hard with downloads with everyone at home.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation