Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 690-0073w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since a couple days ago I have been having a bad issue, whenever I start the computer the display goes blank, this could happen at any time but now is happening on boot and sometimes short time next to boot. I've done a couple of Nvidia support steps thinking it's the GPU, they told me to acquire a GPU VBIOS Flash from HP directly I don't know how to acquire this. This computer is soon to be 2 years old. I have logged with HWINFO the last time it stayed up a couple minutes but right now I can't get a long enough boot to see if I can get anything from there. I have tried fresh install Nvidia drivers, sfc/scannow , re seating the GPU, cleaning it, verified conectors, visual inspection. I made msi afterburner to ramp up fans speed at the start up on boot because I thought it would be a good indication if it has booted but I am noticing when I don't get a complete boot with display they do not ramp up.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AlexAyala , welcome to the Community.

When I see these symptoms the usual suspect is the power supply unit (PSU).  It may be working, but not putting out the wattage required to run the computer.  You should test it to make certain it is working properly.  There are numerous videos online to help you with the testing.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.