Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My display won't turn on after waking up the Pc. I have to hard boot if i forget to power off. argh

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @d-diddle-donw 

Which Omen do you have please? The Product Number is in the HP Support Assistant.

Always post which model you have when starting  new thread. Thanks.

Open the command prompt as an administrator. To do this, type cmd in Windows Search bar down in the task bar and choose to run it as an admin.

In the command prompt window, type...

powercfg/h off

and press the Enter key.

Reboot the PC and test it.

HP Recommended

My experience dictates that it's not a good idea to use sleep mode on a PC. PC / OS - if it wakes up correctly - is usually a bit wonky and ultimately requires restart.

So for the sake of it: just disable it. And you'll be fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.