Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Bought the omen 30L with ryzen 7 5800x and 3080 3 days ago. 

Day 1 went by with no problems as I set everything up then day 2 the PC turned on but had no display and my keyboard lights stayed dark too, tho the buttons worked since I could do the "fix" described below

I tried a few things i looked up online and the win key +b + power key to reset the bios worked and could boot play games all day without problems. 

Then had the same issue today, did the same thing but it just booted without showing that bios has been reset like it did yesterday. I made sure everything was updated and turned it off for 10 minutes at which point it booted without issues, however, I'm not confident it will do so again after being turned off all night.

Considering just asking for a replacement because this is getting annoying and might be a hardware issue anyway but since replacing it is also a pain and I'd have to first uninstall and then reinstall all my stuff again I'd prefer to just fix it if its a software or bios version issue of some kind.

Any advice on this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Using the product Id I see 2 other posts with the same exact issue this month and looks like its from some automatic bios update I was never notified of. 

No replies on those posts either, is there any fix for this at all?

HP Recommended

hi

1/ what is the exact name/model of the computer?
see:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-30l-desktop-pc-gt13-1000a/2100404772/model/2100404774

2/ your ' s ssid bios, and version ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Model is OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P6AV) what i put in tags, at least that is what the diagnostic here says.

Not sure how to check the other stuff

HP Recommended

sorry it doesn't help, you don't know what you bought, see the given link, for example?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-30l-desktop-pc-gt13-1000a/2100404772/model/2100404774/prod...

For SSID, bios version

type msinfo in the search bar

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The Windows Key + B + Power Key resets the BIOS to the original settings, so I figure it's a BIOS update that's causing those issues (since that keypress lets it boot again).
Perhaps you can disable the update within the optional feature updates (Windows Update) & the HP support assistant.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.