Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870 157c

UPDATE
Fixed the issue. When I opened up the computer one of the RAM was not properly seated by one corner hidden by the video card. Properly seating it has fixed my issues it seems.
/UPDATE

Hi,

I recently purchased a refurbished HP OMEN 870 157c

When I hooked up the HDMI from the video card to my display nothing showed up. The HDMI cord is not defective as I tested it on something else.

I then bought a male Displayport to female VGA adapter because the video card has three female Displayports on it. When I hooked up my monitor via VGA to the Adaptor to any of the three Displayports on the video card I was still getting a no signal on my display.

I also tested the motherboard's built in HDMI connections to see if there was a problem with the video card and still no signal.

I opened the device and everything looked seated properly.

As this is my initial boot of the product I have not been able to see the desktop or actual boot up of the PC.

One other symptom that may or may not be related is when I plug in the supplied mouse and keyboard they do not turn on (No lights). 

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Murfasaurus

You seem to have a power, loose MB connection, or a hardware problem. You did find RAM that needed to be reseated. Other required power supply connections could be loose. Check the AC power cord connection to the power supply. Connect the PC to a different AC outlet.

Check or reseat the 24 pin and 8 pin power connections for the MB and CPU.

This product is slightly over a year old. So it is still new in my mind.

I would take it back to the seller. Let them fix it or get a refund if this is possible. Did the seller give you a warranty?

Or you could go through the time consuming task of troubleshooting to find the problem.

The MB has onboard graphics. Pull the discrete graphics card. Connect the monitor to the onboard graphics.

See if you can get the PC to POST.

No mouse and keyboard LED activity is not a good sign.

Any life on the tower (HDD LED, power LED, HDD spinning, CD/DVD drive initialization)? Any CPU or system fan activity?

You would have to test all components installed in the chassis to find the problem.

Grzy

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Murfasaurus

You seem to have a power, loose MB connection, or a hardware problem. You did find RAM that needed to be reseated. Other required power supply connections could be loose. Check the AC power cord connection to the power supply. Connect the PC to a different AC outlet.

Check or reseat the 24 pin and 8 pin power connections for the MB and CPU.

This product is slightly over a year old. So it is still new in my mind.

I would take it back to the seller. Let them fix it or get a refund if this is possible. Did the seller give you a warranty?

Or you could go through the time consuming task of troubleshooting to find the problem.

The MB has onboard graphics. Pull the discrete graphics card. Connect the monitor to the onboard graphics.

See if you can get the PC to POST.

No mouse and keyboard LED activity is not a good sign.

Any life on the tower (HDD LED, power LED, HDD spinning, CD/DVD drive initialization)? Any CPU or system fan activity?

You would have to test all components installed in the chassis to find the problem.

Grzy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.