Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 25L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought an Omen 25L desktop (couldn't find the specific model) with a Cooler Master 500w psu. I believe it's custom made. 

Ever since I first booted up the pc there has been a noise coming from the psu fan. The fan starts spinning up and 5 seconds later it stops and  there is this grinding noise. I've tried checking for stuck cables and tightening any screws but the noise is still there. It only happens under low loads such as browsing the web. It's really annoying and I've tried searching for answers but found nothing of any help. I've never heard anything like this before but other than the annoying sound the psu fan works fine under heavy loads with no noise.  

Any help regarding this is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@snusprilla 

There should not be any grinding noise coming from the PSU.

You would do best to contact Support for a warranty claim. They will most likely replace the PSU if they see fit.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

or

https://support.hp.com/se-sv/contact/desktops

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.