Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Obelisk Desktop PC - 875
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I''m switching from Dell and I'm planning to buy my first HP Omen PC 875. One reason is Dell, like others I've looked at, have become excessively loud because of all the fan noise. Can anyone tell me what to expect in the way of noise from the HP under load from a liquid cooled Intel core I7 with a G-force RTX 2070 ?  How bad would you say it is?  Are we talking a summer breeze... blowing out birthday candles... an open car window... or a lady's hair dryer? 🙂  Thanks for your input.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You're very welcome.

Impossible to answer you question. Chassis fan sound levels depend on how you use the PC.

HP likes to use 92 mm fans. They spin faster and have higher dBA sound levels when system temps rise.

Chassis Fan noise may be a factor if you typically AAA game.

Regards

HP Recommended

I'll also add, Ive used the Omen 880 version before with liquid cooling and it wasn't bad at all. More whisper like, not a ladies hair dryer.  I did get a tiny bit of whine more than anything.

I had a custom with a corsair H80i (push/pull config fans) and it sounded like a airplane taking off all the time.

HP Recommended

Hi Photoray002,

That is a tough question to answer.

No one can predict how any given system will run under unspecified parameters.

Regards

HP Recommended

I agree.

HP Recommended

I agree as well. I just though I'd ask in case anyone had an opinion based on their experiences. I appreciate the rapid reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.