Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 30L Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am having major issues with the factory installed Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter. Windows sees the module and drivers are up to date. Of course everything is "This device is working properly." I am unable to locate any Wi-Fi networks using this interface however.

I since tried to replace it with the Intel AX201 (Not the AX200, since this motherboard uses M.2 CNVi). The device refuses to show up in Windows device manager. There are also no apparent UEFI configuration settings?

The Realtek does not have connected antennas (though it has connects for them). Does this really mean that I have a CNVi motherboard?

Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The parts list is of no help.  Shows limited info...

HP PartSurfer

If the wires are thin and you see some cup like connectors that would snap onto the terminals on the card, then yes, those are the antenna wires.

Paul_Tikkanen_1-1617489693370.jpeg

If you want to replace the Realtek wifi card with a wifi 6 card, I recommend this one.

I have a HP notebook with a Ryzen 4500 processor and this is the wifi card HP installed....

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

You should be able to find the card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

The card has been on back order from HP for eons now.

You may want to just wait to connect the antenna wires until you get the Intel card, if you plan on replacing the Realtek card.

Those cables are very delicate and the less you tinker with them, the better.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the product number of your PC?

Use this guide to find that information.  Please do not post the serial number.

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

Are you sure there aren't any very thin and delicate antenna wires inside the case?

The RTL8822CE is just a plain old wifi card like any other.  It has been used in hundreds of HP notebook and desktop PC's for at least the last 4 years or so.

It is not a CRF (CNVI) card, and it should have antennas connected to it so it can get wifi reception.

I need the product number so I can look up the parts list for your PC and see if an antenna kit was included.

HP Recommended

Product number: 9EE28AA#ABA

There are wires underneath the module coming out of a hole in the motherboard.

Are these the antenna wires that need to be hooked up?

HP Recommended

Hi:

The parts list is of no help.  Shows limited info...

HP PartSurfer

If the wires are thin and you see some cup like connectors that would snap onto the terminals on the card, then yes, those are the antenna wires.

Paul_Tikkanen_1-1617489693370.jpeg

If you want to replace the Realtek wifi card with a wifi 6 card, I recommend this one.

I have a HP notebook with a Ryzen 4500 processor and this is the wifi card HP installed....

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

You should be able to find the card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

The card has been on back order from HP for eons now.

You may want to just wait to connect the antenna wires until you get the Intel card, if you plan on replacing the Realtek card.

Those cables are very delicate and the less you tinker with them, the better.

HP Recommended

Paul, thank you. Yes it looks as if those antenna wires were disconnected. I haven't been in the case before the issue, so not sure how they did come loose. Thanks for the Wi-Fi 6 adapter advice. I will exchange this AX201 for the AX200.

I did come across some datasheet for the motherboard that seemed to indicate it was a CNVi interface. I'll see if I can did that up if there is a mistake in the literature.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.