Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everybody,

Two days ago I made a HP BIOS Update and Windows Update. I did it over night and I was really confused since the computer was not turn off after the update. 

I have already tried the common issue fixes on the HP Website like Windows + B and turn on the computer or CMOS Reset but nothing would work.

I hope someone can help me because I don‘t have the possibility to contact the HP-Support cause the HP website says that there is no option for support in my region. 

I‘m really disappointed about the this annoying problem because the PC was really expensive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Grex 

Recommendation and solution

(1) HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support for service repair

or

(2) HP warranty expired:

The BIOS can be reflashed with a "programmer" by a professional computer (chip level) repair store. But there is no guarantee that the computer will continue to work 100% after that.

Give it a try ...

Kind regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Grex 

(1) Use (another Windows computer) to create <USB flash drive>

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update

F.13 Rev.A13.7 MBMay 5, 2022Download

Follow --->>> BIOS Recovery Reinstall with USB

( This tutorial uses a notebook.. The method also works for a desktop computer! 

(2) Repeat reflash procedures:

• windows + b <USB flash drive> not connected
  • windows + v <USB flash drive> not connected
  • windows + b <USB flash drive> connected
  • windows + v <USB flash drive> connected 

Keep me updated

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Hello @Ub6424,

Unfortunately this also doesn‘t work because my PC does not recognize the keyboard and so I could not do make the key combination.

Another problem is that it is not possible for me to make a USB flash drive because after double-click the bios update file and installing the exe file as shown in the video, there is no window where I can choose a USB Device.

I‘m really upset, because my PC worked really well but after one BIOS update the whole PC is not working.

HP Recommended

Hello @Grex 

Recommendation and solution

(1) HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support for service repair

or

(2) HP warranty expired:

The BIOS can be reflashed with a "programmer" by a professional computer (chip level) repair store. But there is no guarantee that the computer will continue to work 100% after that.

Give it a try ...

Kind regards

HP Recommended

@Ub6424

I will try and thank you for your advice.

HP Recommended

@Grex wrote:

@Ub6424

I will try and thank you for your advice.

You're welcome !

Keep me updated

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.