lastbornphoenix
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

OMEN 30L Desktop Turns Off and On

HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So I just bought this Desktop back in December and I upgraded the memory to 32 and added a extra SSD but the computer has been shutting down and then rebooting for no reason while in the middle of gaming or doing nothing at all. I have ran the diagnostic test on the system and components and everything passes. It's starting to drive me nuts especially after spending over a grand for this thing.  

7 REPLIES 7
hwsense
Level 6
426 407 24 130
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What CPU and GPU do you have inside? 

0 Kudos
lastbornphoenix
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AMX Ryzen 7 3700x 8 Core
Nivida RTX 2060

0 Kudos
hwsense
Level 6
426 407 24 130
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I assume you have the air cooler on that Ryzen, check out the temperatures while under load, that might be the issue. 

0 Kudos
lastbornphoenix
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ya thats what ive been doing now. Is it possible to have a liquid cooler to it.

0 Kudos
hwsense
Level 6
426 407 24 130
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes you can install a 120mm AIO on it, something like Corsair H60. 

0 Kudos
RyanY
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the EXACT same issue as you, I got mine on a similar date that you posted this.  For me, cooling does not seem to be the reason because I have liquid cooling and I have been monitoring my CPU and GPU, but so far have seen no abnormal or high temperatures.

0 Kudos
aydink073
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same, even when I just watch a youtube video, and also when in sleeping mode, it shuts down and wakes up on its own. I have one with RTX 3080 and Core i7 10700K, water-cooled. Thank you!

It's not so many times yet, I guess 2 or 3 times. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation