Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC GT22-0000i (393C5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a new OMEN 45L 12900K, 3080, 32ram. 

There has been already 2 occasions of my PC not turning on after it was shut down. Shutting down procedure proceeded properly in both occasions.

So, when problem occurs the PC won't turn on, but instead stays shut. It might flash GPU light once and rotate fan once (shortly). 

What I did now, was that I disconnected all cords etc. and pressed on/off-switch for 20 sec. After that I let PC be for about 30 minutes. After that it did turn on.

Ehat is this problem all about? What would be a long term solution to it? My Pc is still under Warranty.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi@samuliJ,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues on the OMEN By HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC not turning on after shutdown.

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 
  • Go to System and Security and then click on Power Options. In the left pane, click on Choose what the power buttons do. Next, click the Change settings that are currently unavailable link. Under the Shutdown settings section, uncheck the Turn on fast startup (recommended) option to turn on the feature.
  • Try doing Reset PC Keep my files from windows and check if it works. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and since I cannot boot up the automatic recommendations regarding what to do in windows is not relevant. 

HP Recommended

Hi@TopSecretDT,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

It could be a hardware issue on the Omen PC. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. 

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Click on this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I reset the bios but that did nothing.  I tried a different harddrive and graphic card but no change. While I had taken off the left case I noticed I can hear something electrical. During the bootup a couple of faint electrical noises are coming from around the CPU which appears to be some failure right before it cycles off and tries to bootup again. 

I presume the motherboard failed. 

HP Recommended

Hi@TopSecretDT,

It could be a hardware issue on the Omen PC. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. 

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Click on this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for replys.

As said, when this problem occurs I get my computer on after:

1. I stop supplying power to it and

2. hold power-button for abouit 20-30 sec. 

It has helped me to cut power to my desktop completely when not in use. That way problem occurs only rarely. But, I dont't see this as appropriate solution for a new desk top.

HP Recommended

Hi@samuliJ,

Check with alternate cables or power supply if it works.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have exact same problem, it have happend now 10 times over 2 months period ive had my OMEN 45L

The PC won't start, when i press the on button, fans are spinning for a millisecond and the light of the GPU shows for a millisecond and computer wont turn on.

The solution is same as the Samuli, i have to remove the power cord to the psu, hold the on/off button for 20second and then reconnect the cord.

I feel like there is something wrong with the psu?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.