Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 880-000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I own the HP OMEN 880-028nv with the following specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 4x8 GB @2400, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.

The memory is samsung, came with the machine from the factory. The PC specs said memory runs at 2400. With the omen command center you cannot see memory at all! You can see it only with the official amd ryzen master.

So having the official bios F.21, i installed ryzen master and i could see my memory status: speed, timings, voltage. And memory was running at 2133 instead of 2400 advertised by HP. So what i did, was to change the speed of memory to the advertised 2400 and after the reboot, all went well, as advertised. Memory at 2400 and system totally stable.

When a few days ago upgraded bios to the new official F.22, everything changed. Ryzen master is unable to read memory speed and timings and when i manually change them to the previous settings, after the reboot is changed again to the default 2133 meaning something locked the memory from changing and underated the memory to 2133!!!

With did you do that? Why did HP locked the memory in their new bios? Keep in mind that the specific model was advertised with 2400 memory speed. How exacly can you achive that, when you lock and underate memory by defauilt through bios to a certain speed lower, from 2400 to 2133?

Please, see the problem and make a new bios to renable the memory speed to advertised level. I didn't pay 2.500 euros to have 2400 memory locked to 2133!!!

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@apachejohn

You would need to contact HP Support directly for that issue. Sounds like something grlitched.

We are not connected to Support dirctely as we are a voluteer event.

Explain what you told use here and see if they can offer a fix to unlock the mem speed.

Here is the contact info....

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Are you able to roll back BIOS to its previous version?

Don't have a great hopes when HP Suport is considered: they will tell you after a month that this is by design and that Ryzen Master is not supported by them. Or something along these lines.

Still, you may have an excellent case to return PC back to the shop claiming fales advertisement.

In the meantime this PDF for your reference before they correct it.

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c05576616&doctype=data%20sheet&doclang=EL_GR&s...

HP Recommended

Unfortunately there is no way to roll back. Also, I downloaded the previous bios and when i run it, it said that it was not compatible with the older bios...

You are absolutely right about not having great hopes with HP. I had another issue with this pc 8 months ago, and still waiting for their actions...

Here in Greece where i live, HP is even worse in helping with problems. I will leave it as it is, as it causes no problems and it is quite fast and stable, BUT THIS IS THE LAST HP PC THAT I WILL BUY. I learned my expensive lesson.

Thank you very much for your quick response. 

HP Recommended

If I were you I would still faff a bit with BIOS / UEFI and try BIOS recovery as a last resort. Generic information is here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04126730

Some additional menus related to roll-back are in HP UEFI / Test somewhere? Can't remember really, apologies.

It might just work as release notes do not seem implying that rolling back is impossible:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-880-000-desktop-pc-series/1577...

But you would do that at your own risk, naturally. Indeed might not be worth doing it at all as you will probably never notice difference in performance (2133 / 2400).

HP Recommended

Yes, indeed, the difference is small, none and sometimes is better now(!). In 3d mark, in some tests the result is bigger now, and in some other tests is slightly worse. Not a big deal. 

What i do mind is the luck of expertize in such a big company. If i ask anyone in HP, i bet he will stare as if i said something strange.

Thank you once more my friend. 

HP Recommended

The central page of HP Support which shows all the countries of the world, I believe is known to everyone. 

Your help is like asking you to tell me where the hospital is, and you show me the map of USA.

Thank you.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.