Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 880-020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Last night I took off the left panel of the desktop for the first time to look at the RAM so I could get a matching one as I wanted to upgrade from an 8gb to 16gb. But now when I turn on the desktop of it beeps a couple times then stops and it won't display.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
*desktop on it beeps a couple times
HP Recommended

Hi

Did you touch or bump anything while looking at the MB and components? Did you shut the system down and disconnect from AC power when you checked the RAM.

Visually check all wiring connections.

Turn off system. Disconnect AC power before doing anything in the case. Depress front power on button to drain residual power from the MB.

Reseat the RAM and check the graphics card connection in PCIe x16 slot. Check supplemental PCIe power connection to the graphics card if it has one. .

Make sure both the 24 pin MB power and 8 pin CPU power connections are correct.

Something connected to the MB needs to be reconnected.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Take a note of the beeping which is a beep code. Look up the code on the HP support site.

Droem
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.