DudeThatsErin
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OMEN Control Doesn't Work - WIndows 10 Home

Omen 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to get this to work since I bought the PC back in March. The colored lights annoy me so much and I can't turn them off or set them to a single color.

I have tried running Omen Control as Administrator. No Go. I have tried installing sp71716.exe which uninstalled and reinstalled something (not sure what). I have tried installing all available updates for the graphics card (NVIDIA) as well as the computer via HP Support Assistant. I have tried asking the Support Assistance for help. I have also tried googling for answers. Nothing is working.

The ONLY thing I have come up with is that it is broken and that my ONLY option is to put my computer to sleep to get them to stop. I'd rather keep my computer awake but not have the lights at all.

I'm finally reaching out because I'm at my wits end with this. I'm going to school for IT so I'm very knowledgeable about computers (degree is basically done at this point). So, I've tried everything I can search or think of to get this resolved. Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,124 3,239
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @DudeThatsErin

I dont have that series available to me, but I did see a long thread about this issue here...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/OMEN-Control-not-Controlling-LED...

They claim a while back the cause was due to not upgrading to the FCU for Windows 10.

Are you up to date as far as Windows version? Give it a read.

Thats I know about it.

0 Kudos
DudeThatsErin
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I am.
I will read that now.
0 Kudos
DudeThatsErin
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That hasn't helped. I still am not able to get the lights to stop flashing.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation