06-30-2017 09:05 AM - last edited on 06-30-2017 09:47 AM by kevin-t
I bought the HP Desktop 870)-230 in March 2017 and the OMEN Control never worked from day one. The software installed copy is entirely different to what is shown on this Forum and indeed my copy has no "Save" for settings. I have searched since March for a permanent solution. Uninstalling software makes no difference as it reverts to light changinging sequence. In some instances of software reinstall, ables to use one colour and Off, but after a few days it reverts to what appears a setting of clour change. HP sells a computer that is unable to function as a customer rightfully expects of a full working computer as described in litrature. Any help appreciated.
07-02-2017 02:19 PM
Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding issues with HP Omen control software. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂
Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
- Did you check if your PC specifications match the Omen control software and are compatible?
Please note that not all HP Omen PCs are configured to work with Omen Control Software. It requires special hardware and software to work correctly to change the colors of the backlights. Besides, not all Omen desktops or notebooks are compatible or configured to work with this software.
If your PC qualifies to work with Omen Control software and the product specs meet the hardware requirements for it then please try these steps:
- Uninstall the Omen Control software completely.
- Then create a new local administrator user account from here: http://hp.care/2rZfJBC
- Later update the bios and chipset drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2tz92L3 and then reinstall then HP Omen control software and check again if the issue gets resolved.
- If this does not work, please uninstall the Omen control software again.
- Then perform a Microsoft Push Button recovery from this link: http://hp.care/2tz94m9 and reinstall the HP Omen software again. This should do the trick for you. The Microsoft push button reset will not cause you to lose any data.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee