Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 880-122na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i recently bought my first gaming pc from HP Omen. I want to know if it is suppose to be really noisey because when im playing games i can still hear the pc in the background while wearing a headset. I would like to know if this is normal or if there is a problem and if so how do i fix it? 

If you could respond as fast aspossible that would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @JJSG

Im running an 880 series at the moment and dont hardly hear a thing.

What exactly is the source of the noise? The fan, cooler, etc?

HP Recommended
I don’t really know but I sort of sounds like fans
HP Recommended

Best thing to do is contact HP Support for a warranty issue.

Make sure you can narrow down the culprit before contacting them first.

Is it the case fans or the hard drive perhaps?

YOu need to contact them via the link below...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

I  have a 880-160se, and hear a slight humming sound when under full load..... but that's the loudest I have heard, and it IS slight. I don't think I could hear it at all with a headset on, though. 

Do you have a water-cooled processor? Even so, not sure that would make the difference so much, as I assume you are primarily hearing the video card cooling.

At any rate, check all of your cabling. It is possible that a rogue cable is grazing a fan and you hear that friction. Just make sure that any moving parts - fan blades, etc - are completely unencumbered.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Im guessing since you have a GTX 1070, its a reference blower style card. That loud fan noise is the graphics card trying to cool itself down. These cases dont have real good airflow so they tend to run hot. Means the fans have to run hard, and loud.

HP Recommended

For sure, the reference style models are louder. Hopefully that's all it is. The original post's comment about hearing the noise even while wearing a headset threw me, but every person's idea of "loud" or "acceptable" can be different.

HP Recommended

Absolutely. My OMEN originally came with a GTX 1070 blower style card. Thing would scream under full load. Loud enough that I too would hear it with headphones on. My 1080 is much quieter though. Most likely due to a better ventilated case, and a better on card cooling solution.  

HP Recommended

Same thing here 880-119no desktop  its real loud,people can hear it when i have the mic open in games,I went to the store i bought it from  but they say its very silent and for me its just loud,I cant find what it is but i think its that cheap i5 8400 stock cooler.

Anyway I decided to just use it as it is for now and do a real upgrade in a new case with  good fans after the warranty expires ,and the PC  starts to get to slow for new  games.

Trying to upgrade the ram from 8gb 2400hz to 2x8gb 3000hz but no idea if it works as the MB states Supports PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.