9 5 1 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OMEN X 900-1XX Overheating & Noisy

OMEN X 900-1XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

*****UPDATE*****

The Retailer "Harvey Norman" agreed to replace the unit with another brand new one which we have done 3 days ago. My personal opinion: it is not only waste of money for a DIAMOND shaped box but also huge effort trying to carry that 28KG carbage!!! Kid wanted it, he loved the lights, the shape so had to stick to it. Consumer advice: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, IT'S NOT WORTH IT

Thank you for your kind replies,

Regards

Ozalp

*****UPDATE*****

Tried to contact HP multiple times with no success! There is no after hours support and if you call during the business hours, the call drops after waiting so long or you get connected to the sales team!

12 year old boy, playing Minecraft only on his OMEN X 900-1XX ($8000 PC with 32GB RAM, Dual Monitors only extras), no video or photo editing, no downloads, no pirate programs nothing but Minecraft and Steam running in the background sounds like it will fly away and over heating. PC was purchased only couple of months ago so you can save your clean the dust in/on/under the case suggestions please; he is not playing in the garden, he is in his study! As soon as he turns the PC ON, it becomes so nosiy and the performance drops dramatically that if I was able to carry it, I would dump it in the rubbish. As we are not all IT guys, need very simple description of the steps we have to follow and please do not forget, a 12 year old dude will be following the instructions so pls try to be specific.

Best support would be if you could tell me have to return this garbage and get my money back?

Best regards,

A regular hp CUSTOMER but extremly frustrated dad!

5 REPLIES 5
FattysGoneWild
Level 7
728 620 20 111
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like some kind of hardware failure or loose connectors inside. You can pop the side panel off and take a look if you are comfortable doing that. But that might be to much for you? I would just send it back if you can tbh. 8k pc if you need a custom build and for that money. HP no way. 

Level 8
Level 8
579 567 28 237
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That sounds like a heck of a system! I can't even price a unit that high on the HP site without adding one of everything, including accessories and software! 🙂 (I guess we're not talking US dollars. 🙂 )

Generally, this would mean that the system is getting warm, fast.
You will need to open the side panel and see if there are any cables that look like they are not connected.

Also, Omen support is 24/7 so I cannot explain why you were not able to get to anyone.

If you PM me the serial number of your unit, and a means of contacting you, I will see to it that someone from the Omen support team contacts you.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
Darko71
Level 4
101 89 1 16
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Joining to warn anybody who consider to buy this piece of JUNK, to look another way I have 900-000nx and this piece of **bleep** not only is overpriced for what it offers but all inside IS THE MOST BASIC OF ALL components you can find on market today.
This **bleep** is overpriced by at least 1200USD , worse of all the hp GTX 1080 nvidia is PROVEN 10-15% slower in performance form any other retail GTX 1080 Founders edition

- NO OVERCLOCKING capabilities that’s a MARKETING LIE
- NO ADVANCED OPTION IN BIOS

- NO CONTROL OVER the Fan's ( vents ) inside
- RAM is he MOST BASIC DDR4 doesn’t even have heat shields 
-the pathetic OVERSIZED DIMOND BOX is able to host only microATX motherboards in all it greatness and 30KG of weight

-  OMEN tool is a joke it doesn’t anything else then LED adjustments
- liquid cooling is a JOKE complete CRAP it barely mange to maintain operational temperature 
- hp support on Vacation 365 days per year
- no UPDATED drivers , tool , bios 
-hp doesn’t care about customers
-hp doesn’t care about solving problems

-hp doesn’t care to make mistakes right and release BIOS with advanced features

STAY AWAY from this at all costs if you are true PC gamer or PC enthusiast

All OMEN Desktop X 900 reviews are staged and basically complete lie and BS .

FattysGoneWild
Level 7
728 620 20 111
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Darko71 wrote:

Joining to warn anybody who consider to buy this piece of JUNK, to look another way I have 900-000nx and this piece of **bleep** not only is overpriced for what it offers but all inside IS THE MOST BASIC OF ALL components you can find on market today.
This **bleep** is overpriced by at least 1200USD , worse of all the hp GTX 1080 nvidia is PROVEN 10-15% slower in performance form any other retail GTX 1080 Founders edition

- NO OVERCLOCKING capabilities that’s a MARKETING LIE
- NO ADVANCED OPTION IN BIOS

- NO CONTROL OVER the Fan's ( vents ) inside
- RAM is he MOST BASIC DDR4 doesn’t even have heat shields 
-the pathetic OVERSIZED DIMOND BOX is able to host only microATX motherboards in all it greatness and 30KG of weight

-  OMEN tool is a joke it doesn’t anything else then LED adjustments
- liquid cooling is a JOKE complete CRAP it barely mange to maintain operational temperature 
- hp support on Vacation 365 days per year
- no UPDATED drivers , tool , bios 
-hp doesn’t care about customers
-hp doesn’t care about solving problems

-hp doesn’t care to make mistakes right and release BIOS with advanced features

STAY AWAY from this at all costs if you are true PC gamer or PC enthusiast

All OMEN Desktop X 900 reviews are staged and basically complete lie and BS .

I just noticed a mod had edited my post when suggesting other names for a custom build. That is a bit to much when HP is censoring posts like that. 

Darko71
Level 4
101 89 1 16
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

noo! thats pathetic to the bone , how low can the go I wonder ?? 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation