02-01-2018 04:30 PM
I have had an OMEN X for a few months now and I absolutely love it. It truly is amazing and it runs so well. Until now it has been extremely quiet and I've never heard it before. Recently as soon as I log on the fan starts up and is very loud. In the past I could game for hours at a time and either the fan would never go off or it was to quiet to notice. Not it is so loud it sounds like someone is vacuuming my room. I have tried turning my computer on and off and it didn't fix it and left it off overnight only to get the extremely loud fan upon signing in. Was hoping to find a solution to the noisy fan so I could game and work in peace again. (I connect through ethernet and have two monitors if that helps.)
02-01-2018 04:45 PM
Please provide a specific product number for your PC so forum members can check the specs. Usually located on the left side of the chassis.
There may be a BIOS update to fix the fan speed.
You may have recently updated to Windows 10 version 1709. Enter or speak (winver) using Windows search or Cortana to check the current version.
HP may have better hardware drivers if you are running the new version of Windows 10.
04-22-2019 08:12 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!