Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN X VR Compact Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I've been using my OMEN X VR Compact Desktop for a couple of months now in quite a regular way playing some VR games and doing some work. In general there were almost no problems. There was a little problem that it would usually take several pushes of the ON button every morning I tried to start it but it was tolerable. However, about a week ago I turned on my Omen and the fan inside all of a sudden started to make a very loud noise. It was so loud up to the point that I turned it off immediately and was afraid to turn it back on. I took off the front panel. It was the upper CPU fan that was making this rattling noise. Took off the fan. I cleaned it up and lubed it up with a couple of drops of motor oil. But probably because I couldn't take the main cap off the fan to get to the fan's shaft the noise is still there. It's not as bad so that I'm no longer afraid to turn it on but it still sounds unhealthy. Like a constant cat purring. So, I tried to find a replacement for this exact fan online but it seems to be non-existent on any popular online markets. I tried looking on HP spare parts department, Amazon, eBay, Newegg, Walmart and even Chinese Taobao and Forcecon official company website (the one that made the fan). So, I'm now out of options and wanted to ask if somebody could direct me to the place where I can get a replacement or get some similar fan that would also fit inside and work as intended.

Serial numbers:

Omen X VR Compact Desktop Model: P1000-011

SKU: Z5P37AAT#ABA

S/N: [edited]

Forcecon Fan:

FCN440WKFATP102B

FCN

DC12V

0FJL70000H

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help. Have a great day and stay safe.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Youjin Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting fan noise.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I tried doing as advised but there is no Chat option offered when I put in all the info, only a phone number option. And that one also requires messaging HP support first, so you don't really get any phone numbers to call anyway. I've sent a message with all the info but because I'm currently under a quarantine outside of the U.S., so I am not sure whether I'll ever get a call from HP.

HP Recommended

It's been a while now, so I guess the help is not coming indeed and we are on our own with this relatively common HP Omen X fan issue.(

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.