Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, I am a proud hp omen owner and would like to upgrade my current graphics card (gtx 1050) to a better one (asus strix 1070 ti) but i am not sure if the new one will be compatible with my computer

Thank you very much

Farid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK Thanks.

Your specs show it came with a 500W PSU, which is the minimum required for that card.  Look inside and make sure you have an 8 pin power connector available. Then you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @faridAsck

What is the actual product number of your new system?

It can be found in the HP Support Assistant.

The Graphics card can be upgraded, but you might have to also upgrade the power supply.

Also make sure the case has enough room to allow the new card to be fitted. Take measurements inside and compare with the specs of the 1070ti. It most likely will fit.

HP Recommended

Thank you for answering, here is the actual product number   2WD35EA#ABZ @Photoray002

HP Recommended

OK Thanks.

Your specs show it came with a 500W PSU, which is the minimum required for that card.  Look inside and make sure you have an 8 pin power connector available. Then you should be good to go.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much @Photoray002

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.