Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-002430
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this Omen back in late January 2019. 16 months later the Gpu has failed to the point that I am unable to load any games without an immediate crash. I removed the 2080 and installed a 2060 into the omen and all is fine. I put the 2080 into another custom build desktop and it has the same crashing issues as my omen. Clearly a GPU issue.

I have researched this here and on and may other support boards and it is quite clear that the Omen I bought has long established overheating issues. 1 exhaust fan, 1 lightweight cpu fan,  and an underpowered 500W PSU on a 2080 was doomed from the start (nvidia recommends at least 600W). 

I am now trying to rectify HP's poor ventilation design (probably from cost cutting) but I need a GPU replacement/repair. Nvidia has a 3 year warranty but they defer back to HP to provide service. I can't get an email or phone number for HP support and the virtual assist disconnects me when it finds out my warranty is expired. Not impressed with HP customer service. I am not also hopeful HP will do the right thing since I am more than 6 months past warranty.

Has anyone been successful at rectifying this type of request or did we all just shell out around $2,000 for a desktop that fails within 2 years? I have seen some posts that other failed before the warranty was up - wish I had more luck.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Luckily my 2080ti hasn’t gone out, but I did contact HP about a replacement because my card runs at 85+°c at the low %. They told me that I could send it in for repair but no replacement would be issued for the months I would have to wait for it to go there and come back. I know there is nothing they can do to repair it so I declined and am now just waiting to save up again to build my own system. I know this was of no help to you, but if someone else reads this when deciding to buy or not, just know not to and to build your own. All I saw about HP was over heating and thought it wasn’t too big of a problem. I’m here to tell you that it’s a lot more than that and to build your own and stay away from Hp. Fair warning. And sorry to everyone out there like OP, I really wish HP was a better company.

HP Recommended

Can someone from HP support please respond? Nvidia said they would honor the warranty as long as they had proof that HP wasn’t going to replace or fix the card. Please provide the formal denial so I can get this card fixed.

HP Recommended

@kernkornal

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Since the 2080  GPU came with the Omen you need to contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Then link you provided is broken. I am having so many issues getting HP support to respond. Please help.Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 1.07.22 PM.png

HP Recommended

Can someone from HP support please respond? This has been going on for over a month and I can find no way to contact HP - the link provided above fails...

HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message with the direct message for HP Support

Please check your Inbox

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.