mishalm1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OMen X Backpack won’t work with VR set

OMen X Portable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
The omen X portable, when undocked from its base, does not work with any of the Windows Mixed Reality VR sets. I tried the HP VR, Samsung Odessy, Dell VR and non of them worked. All the connection are correct and hooked directly to the portable unit. What could be the issue?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,114 19,102 1,264 1,924
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mishalm1,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the Omen X backpack is not working with VR headsets.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last the time it was working fine?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Is there power to the headset? 

- Check the light on the side of the headset. 

- Is the USB cable physically connected? 

(Is windows detecting a USB device, regardless if it knows what it is.)

While you respond to that, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article under Setting up the VR PC Pack in the harness and check if it helps.

https://hp.care/2keHjcw

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
mishalm1
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually it never worked in the first place, I tried it with 3 omen compacts and 3 different VR sets and non of the combinations worked. The vr shuts off as soon as I undock it but there is a blinking light. The vr does work with the omen undocked only when it is connected to a screen
0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,122 3,234
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation