Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 870VX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just received my new Omen Desktop PC and one of the two LED strips on the front panel is not working. Any suggestions, dont really want to have to send it back for just this issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I have updated the link, please click here as well for assistance. The link might ask you create an HP Account, please do so if prompted. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings @wclark_72,

Welcome to HP Forums and thanks for the post. 

I see you just received a new Omen Desktop and one of the light strips is not responding. I will be glad to help. 

Did you make any changes on the computer (did you add any new hardware)?

If you are comfortable to open the computer. Recommend you to check the cable that powers the light strip. Click here for assistance (Select Desktop and workstation then select Omen and then select your model.)

Then you will have the option to select service procedures.

Under the service options, select front LED. 

Follow the procedure to check the cable connections. 

If the issue persists or if you are not comfortable to open the computer, please contact our phone support for the service options.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons,
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for the reply but where you say click here, there is no link.. Could you please repost link. Thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I have updated the link, please click here as well for assistance. The link might ask you create an HP Account, please do so if prompted. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

One of the wires was unplugged. All working now. Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi@wclark_72,

Thanks for the response.

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

You can reach out to HP Support Forums for any support needs on your HP products in the future as well.

New year wish to your and Happy holidays

Happy posting. Cheers.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I also found this helpful,Bookmarked page and printed pages,Thank You!!

Engineer146
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.