Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen oblisk 875-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having an issue with overheating. It runs high 80 to low 90 on both cpu and video cardwhen running games  all downloads from hp and microsoft are currently up to date.  I can get the tower to cool some by removing the side panel.  Do you have a recomemded liquid system for the cpu, who must install said system and what would it do to warranty 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Kevin6666

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that you're experiencing an overheating issue with the HP omen desktop, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Let's update system BIOS: Updating the BIOS can help resolve issues with heat in your PC.
See HP Desktop PCs - Updating the BIOS for instructions.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Bios is already updated, all updates in support assestant and hp website for this pc are done.  All updates for windows and other microsoft products are done.  All software and drivers are up to date.  the PC is running in game mode.  CPU Heat can be helped some by removing the side of the PC and blowing in air with a small desk fan.  All vents are clear,  unit is only 3-4 days old.  All fins and surfaces are clean and clear of dust.  The rear fan is working but moving a minimal amount of air even at heavy load and high temp.  Was hoping a liquid cooler for the CPU  might help with air movement in the case as well as lowering ambient temp inside the case as well.  I just would rather not void my warrenty but if things continue with  very high heat I don't know how many failures I would face before the warrenty expires anyway.  I've owned many HP products and never had to file a claim and have been very happy with all of them.  I really would like to continue that streak...

HP Recommended

You said the bios is already updated...

by you?

i ask because I just bought the model under yours a week ago and the bios was corrupt or not functional with the single 16g memory stick (the bios may have been for two 8g or two 4g...

not only did I have a heating issue but the CMOS reset every time I hard powered on (completely off and turn on) 

bios updates/flash are self contained executables and after you initiate them the restart the computer and go all antiquated for a second and after everything is heavenly.

otherwise you may have to really look at the cpu cooling system and make sure it’s aligned correctly 

but if it’s both the CPU as well as the gpu it’s probably something else, maybe.

HP Recommended

Bios update was the first thing I did after unboxing the CPU if I recall the bios on the site was dated early to mid dec.  The system runs great and cool as long as you don't play a game.  I pulled the side off and now have a desk fan blowing air into the case I had a temp monitor i was using to verify temp against the command center.  Before the desk fan I got temp warning on both CPU and GPU with the desk fan the warning stopped.  Just typing this my GPU is low 30's and my CPU is low 40's  And I do believe the fans speed up when the temp rises. It's related to game that use the GPU only.   This seems to keep the temp in the 70's for both.  I was hoping a liquid cooler would lower the ambient air temp and increase air flow to help cool the GPU.  I don't mind replacing the CPU fan but wont if it will void the warrenty.   Thank you very kindly for the response

HP Recommended

Bios was dated nov.  BIos was rev. A mine wasn't revision A just the base version so I updated the bios to ensure I had the current version.  used support assistant and it showed bios need updating.  Did it and now it's not showing up in needed updates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.