cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Vince775
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Oculus Rift S won't work on OMEN Obelisk Desktop 875-0129

HP Recommended
OMEN Obelisk Desktop 875-0129
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have been trying to get my Oculus Rift S running on this new desktop (OMEN Obelisk Desktop 875-0129) without success.  The Oculus is fine as I have tested it on other workstation succesfully.  Everything points to the usb ports having trouble.  USB connections on other desktop were picky as well but I was able to find some that worked.  With the Obelisk 875-0129, there's no room for an additional USB card so I'm stuck with the onboard ports that won't work.  Drivers are up to date.  Already uninstalled and reinstalled them a few times.  Power management is off.  Any other idea of what could help me?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,649 9,295 2,965 11,394
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Vince775 , welcome to the forum.

Here are the PC requirements for your Oculus:  https://www.oculus.com/rift-s/#rift-s-pc-requirements

Here is the Product Specifications page for your Obelisk:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-875-0000-obelisk-desktop-pc-series/23302709/model/29...

The only possible discrepancy that I can see is, there is no DisplayPort as required in the specifications for the Oculus:  DisplayPortTM 1.2 / Mini DisplayPort (with adapter included in the box)

I don't know if this would cause a problem or not.  I am not that familiar with Oculus.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Vince775
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply @Old_geekster

But it's bringing some confusion to me.  There is 2 displayports on the garphic card... but device manager is telling me it's a RTX 2070, not a 2060.  Specs from HP and on my order details do say it should be a 2060.  Looking at the card itself, the model is not marked on it.  All it says is it's a GeForce RTX.  There's a single fan on it while everything I see on the web are pictures of a dual fan card for both the rtx 2060 and 2070.

I'm kind of confused now.

I tried uninstalling the drivers for the gpu and force a re-discovery of the card.  Windows is still showing 2070. At least with 2018 drivers so I know some cleanup was done when uninstalling.

Is it possible that Windows does not recognize the right GPU?

Thanks again! 

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,649 9,295 2,965 11,394
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Vince775!  Thank you for the additional information.

I do see after looking at the video card again that there is a DisplayPort on it.  With that revelation, the computer has all of the necessary ports for the Oculus to operate properly.  I suggest that you contact Oculus's Tech Support to see if they have any ideas that will help solve your problem.  They are the experts on their products.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation