Bigdogbez
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Odense-2S Motherboard Front Panel Header

HP Omen 870-195na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am currently upgrading my 870-195na HP Omen.

Having bought and installed a new graphics card and psu recently, I have noticed the space in the case is limited and may be subject to high temperatures after a few months of use.

I am looking to buy a new case and move the components accross, including the motherboard. The issue I am having is finding any reference to the Odense-2S motherboard front panel connectors, and the layout for which front panel connector (power, reset, LEDs etc.) would go where on the motherboard.

As it stands, there is no manual, no diagram on the board (as with most others) and the current case is an 'all-in-one' front panel connecter, with no easy way to distinguish which cable connects to which port.

Any help grately appreciated!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Level 12
Level 12
5,750 5,738 542 1,200
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Odense-2S Motherboard Front Panel Header

Greetings Bigdogbez,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

There is no reference guide provided by HP which explains the front panel (F_P) connectors for the switch, HDD LEDs, or the power LED.

You mentioned having an AIO F_P connector on your HP chassis. So I am guessing it is a unified block connector.

Some folks have reported that the HP unified block connections do not match the industry standard motherboard F_P pin layout. So you can't plug this connector into a typical motherboard because the missing pin on the MB does not match the blocked pin on the HP F_P connector.

You would have to reverse engineer the pin outs on the HP motherboard to see what chassis' connectors control each F_P function. Is it possible to connect the new chassis' F_P connectors to the HP MB F_P pinouts?

I have never investigated this situation.

You either have an HP PC or you change the MB to match the chassis. Then you buy a new Windows product key. Now you have a new PC.

Regards

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation