Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 30L GT13-0942nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all

Recently I bought a HP Omen 30L GT13-0942nz ( Intel Core i9-10900K, 2x16GB ,Nvidia RTX 3080) and noticed that during gaming of Cyberpunk 2077 my CPU gets extremely hot and the radiator fan runs constant at full speed. That thing is soo loud, crazy. However even the radiator fan running full speed, the CPU gets hot like 100C (212F) I think this is way to hot.  In the Omen GameHub I selected the Intelligent overclocking, but still I think the liquid cooler should work better. I already checked if the CPU cooler block is correctly in place, all looks good. What do you think, is it worth to take the system apart and check if enough thermal paste on it, or even replace the stock liquid cooling with an alternative. The noise is crazy and I think the tmp is problem too. Any suggestions? 
cputemp.PNG

138 REPLIES 138
HP Recommended

My suggestion would be not to overclock at all, you are not going to see big gains from CPU OC anyway. 

The other thing is, make sure the radiator is not sitting on a angle, off the slot on its back side, several people have reported similar issues. 

Last thing, 10900K is running hot anyway, and the case of 30L is not the best when it comes to ventilation, so you can definitely expect higher than normal temps, but definitely not that high. 

HP Recommended

Thank for the reply. I turned off overclocking and checked the thermal paste, there was enough 🙂 I would even say too much, but thermal paste is a philosophy. Anyway I cleaned it up applied new one and tested again, with no better results. When stressing the CPU over a few minutes the CPU get's hot and some cores reaching 100C an the fan goes crazy loud. I assume then the CPU start throttling down and the temp comes slightly down. 80-90C. I'm wondering if another cooler would help? Or is there something wrong with my system?

HP Recommended

I would say something is not right, see if the tubes don't have any kinks on them, other than that, I am really out of ideas. Mine is arriving tomorrow and hopefully I don't have these kind of issues too...

HP Recommended

Did you order from Amazon, or from hp directly? Question could go to both.op,and hardware sense.cause the specs look exactly like the one im waiting for now(i9,3080) and its concerning.

HP Recommended

Amazon for me, mine is with the 10850k.

HP Recommended

Bought this in Switzerland (Europe) from HP reseller, so no not directly from HP.

HP Recommended

Ahh no wonder it shipped so fast lol,mine is also coming with the i9 10850k.purchased directly from hp.hope those temp fall...

HP Recommended

Yeah it was showing shipping in February, but changed to shipped a day ago, can't complain. 

At least Amazon had a great deal on it. 

HP Recommended

You gonna make some videos detailing it ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.