Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Cooler master should be ashamed,I heard they are fully responsible for the thermals.this is concerning.

HP Recommended

Well, same story here even with the 10850K, I didn't play any games yet, but one run on Cinebech R20 and a few cores reported thermal throttle and went over 90C, as I expected cooling will challenging with those higher level CPUs, as I don't have any issues with the 10600K on the other Omen. I will be searching for alternatives now, might try to migrate everything to a different case, while I modify the Omen case for better ventilation. 

Oh side note, the RTX3080 in it is a beast, with a very well engineered and quiet cooling solution, too bad the CPU is so hot and the noise level is crazy. I will try pull-push as well, but I doubt that will be any huge impact, adding another front fan, might be the best option, but we shall see. 

HP Recommended

Yeah I'm seeing the 10-850k running hot in every build. And this one is especially brutal. I have the 30l, i9 10850 and 3090. Besides heat. Its definitely a great deal at 2999.99. I have seen some people under volt the cpu. I think it maybe be a combo of adding a fan, maybe bigger radiator if possible. I wonder what Intel recommends for cooling this cpu ideally? And then how to make that work in this case. 

Definitely check your hoses too. Mine had kinks big enough to effect performance. Sorry if I tagged wrong this is my first post here. Figured I should join since I have this pc now. 

As much as the cpu cooks I was happily surprised at how cool the 3090 stays. They seem to have done a good job rebuilding it for the 30l. 

HP Recommended

Yes I checked the hoses, there no kinks. Interesting that you are mentioning that, is that you with the Amazon review and pictures of the kinked AIO hoses? 

HP Recommended

No that wasnt me. I saw it too before mine arrived. Mine just had a bend as well. Im glad I found this to save me the time of checking thermal paste and all the dirty stuff though. Im home recovering from surgery so Ill spend part of the day seeing what intel recommends as a cooling solution to the 850s. maybe that will make it more clear what it will need to survive in this case. Intel says it can survive regular use up to 100c...but I dont believe it. 

HP Recommended

Gosh, even if the CPU survive 100c (I hope this count for 10900 too) the noise of the radiator fan is not acceptable, at least for me. I'm still not sure what to do next:

- Ask for a refund from the retailer due to DOA until DEC-21st

- Ask for a regular return because I don't like it until JAN-6th, cost me 250 USD.

- Spent another ~300 USD for a new case and a 360mm radiator liquid cooling and a new case.

I really don't think there will any other cooling solution which fit into the Omen case, if you guys have any other ideas let me know. I'm afraid all the CPU cooler which fit into the case are not strong enough, and a 240mm radiator seems not fitting at all. HP should stop selling those "hot" CPU's together with the 30L case.  My frustration is now transition into anger. Obviously I have not heard anything from HP since I opened my ticket yesterday. 

HP Recommended

Went down the „new case and 360mm AIO“ route. Should have considered opening a ticket too, maybe 🧐

HP Recommended

i think this is the 200iq road to take. I mean its a good deal, we just all should have expected this very heat issue ( well some sort of heat issue). So now to show our skills we take a problem case and make the corrections it actually needs and all still come out ahead of the competitors builds. I mean its not ideal, but I do think its still the best choice we have out with supply issues around the industry. I mean you could always sell it on craigslist for probably a profit and then buy something higher. The model I purchased was $2999, now cant find it for less than $5k lol. Losing $250 vs spending that same $250 on a case you actually selected and a top of the line cooler that is actually silent. One of those will probably leave you very happy after, one will leave you starting over and possibly dealing with the nexts pcs problems. Just have to swallow that warranty which...well to be honest is scary. I mean the 850k has to be coolable, right? the omen cooler isnt the best, but its not bad by any means. If nothing can cool it then this is more of an intel is selling unusable cpus issue. This cpu has this review in more than just omen cases. 

HP Recommended

I fell like if we could just get the stupid radiator fan to stay more consistent that would eliminate some of the crazy mid game spikes and 747 take offs that my entire stream can hear.

HP Recommended

@Nicksbrain, another digitec purchase? 🙂
What case and 360mm cooler u picked? I was looking for a bequiet SILENT BASE 601 case and PURE LOOP 360mm radiator. If I really go that route I may also swap the mainboard and will never buy a HP product anymore...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.