Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0000i (236B0AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use the OMEN Blast Headset as a speaker. Since yesterday I no longer have any sound coming from the speaker. Does not matter whether I use front or back jack. Tried all steps from support document HP desktop-pc's - Geen geluid uit de computer (Windows 10) | HP® Klantondersteuning (except BIOS  reset). No results. . Tried headset on another device and works fine. Googled and searched this forum. Saw people with same issue but not a clear golden bullet solution. I can get sound to work if I plug into my screen jack. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi

disconnect the speakers, headphones
then install the drivers

Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver

10.1.34.8 Rev.A0.4 MBFeb 24, 2021Download

reboot

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

6.0.9061.1 Rev.A36.0 MBMar 3, 2021Download

reboot

check after complete boot, the version in place in the device manager
if it's ok, then connect the headphones, in the provided slot

Front I/O ports

Headphone/microphone combo jack

if this is it

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi @Prométhée. 

Thanks for your speedy reply. Much appreciated. I followed your guidelines. However as for the Realtek HD AD. After downloading and installing the Device Manager shows version 6.0.9061.1 from Nov 10, 2020 and not version 6.0.9061.1 Rev.A from Mar 3, 2021. This Audio Driver was in SP 112847 correct? Strangly enough I already had this SP in my C:/SWSetup folder but apparently with another date. Anyway downloading and installing had no results. No sound coming from the Headset yet.

Subsequently, how do I know that the Intel Chipset Utility & Driver has been installed? Where can I check that?

Lastly. I had contact with HP support desk later on today. They were very helpful. Also updating drivers and even BIOS. But unfortunately no results. 

HP Recommended

Just an update: This morning the HP support desk contacted me telling me that it most likely is a hardware issue and that the desktop needed repair. So waiting for this to take place. It is still in warranty so hopefully no financial pain :-). Will keep the community updated on progress and - hopefully - issue solution

HP Recommended

Sorry, I was away
Regardless of date, or revision A
you should already have the latest driver installed
let me know soon, hope you get it sorted soon!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.