Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 30L Desktop GT13-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone. I purchased my computer about a month ago and I've had constant lag spikes whenever I play any type of online games constantly and I'm sure that is a problem with my PC because other people in my household using my wi-fi will not have any problems. Every 30 seconds or so I experience a spike lasting around 5 seconds, making any online gaming very difficult. I've tried connecting to a 2.4 and 5 version of my wi-fi. Updating all the drivers. Ending Omen Command center and turning off Bluetooth but the problem seems to still persist. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Which wireless card do you have it configured with?

HP Recommended

The realtek RTL8822CE, 802.11ac PCLE Adapter I believe. Sorry if that isn't it, I'm not really sure!

HP Recommended

I guess the typical stuff you can try is

1. Reset the router and ISP modem if you have it. .

2. It might be a little more troublesome, but have you tried moving the desktop and try connecting with the Ethernet connection to see if there's still this issue? If direct connection is stable then it might be some WIFI issues.

3. If you have additional routers, try them out and see if it has the same issues. 

There might be a few things u can check first. 

1. Disable auto updates for windows. Having this on might cause the computer to download updates while you're gaming and yup you will get lag. 

2. Share internet access bandwidth might be the cause too even when your family isn't using the network, depending on your type of ISP if your neighbors shares the same bandwidth and starts to download a huge file, you will experience the lag.

3. Location of your WIFI to your location i would assume isn't too far or in between concrete walls?

You can try doing a ping test to see if the connection for your gaming server might be a little lagged to your location as well. 

http://ping-test.net/

Hope this would help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.