Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I was facing the same problem with my freshly bought Omen 30L... after searching all the forums and web, trying all the different methods and talking to the HP support with no success i finally found the solution to the "not waking up from sleep mode problem" AND the "setting Hyper X Fury lights in Omen Gaming Hub not available warning" 

The steps i took:

1. Open Windows Settings -> Updates and Security

2. Press the advanced alternatives options

3. Turn on "get updates for other microsoft products when i update windows"

4. Go back one step and search for updates

5. There will show up optional updates there

6. Expand the updates and there should be something called "HP Firmware", instal it and everything else that might had shown up.

7. Computer will restart and go in to a BIOS update screen, let it finish the install

8. After starting back up, login and test your fixed computer 🙂 

I could after the fact also remember this working for one other guy in a reddit post. but without mentioning all the steps to find the "HP Firmeware" update. Also note that the HP Support Assistant did NOT find this update, and support guy mentioned that i was on the latest BIOS update and had to wait... 

If this solves it for you, mark it as solution and try to share it in another forum so that someone more can get the needed help for these annoying problems on new and fresh PCs. 

MY PC:

HP Omen 30L

AMD Ryzen 7

RTX 3080

HP Recommended

This worked for me. Seems like this should not be hidden under optional updates. 

Thanks for taking the time to write this up

HP Recommended

PURCHASED 10/23/21  WORKED ON IT 10/24/21 FOR 3-5 HOURS

finally after hours of trying to wake up this pc i have somewhat made a fix.

so first of all i unistalled windows and still did not work.

i updated the driver from geforce experience and went into EDIT POWER PLAN, CHANGE ADVANCE SETTINGS, PCI EXPRESS AND PUT OFF. after that it suddenly woke up every time. now i dont have to unplug this machine or bother to return it to best buy. keep in mind i went to pci express multiple times and put off but it didnt work until i updated all drivers, but after updating the driver in GEFORCE it finally did the trick after resetting. im glad now i dont have to find another PC!

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue after I purchased my HP Omen 30L on 10/27.

It has been a week since your last post, any update on if the fix is holding?

HP Recommended

Hi@Tomachete, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We understand the Omen 30L desktop not waking from the sleep mode.

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps.

Please follow the below steps: 

Step 1: Enabling the Keyboard in Windows 

Skip this step if the computer does not enter sleep mode or if the computer wakes unexpectedly. 

Follow these steps to enable your keyboard to wake your computer from sleep mode: 

1. In Windows, search for and open the Device Manager. 

2. Click the arrow next to Keyboards and double-click the name of your keyboard. 

3. If the Power Management tab is available, proceed to the next step. 

If the Power Management tab is not available, click the Change Settings button if it appears below the Device status box. The same Keyboard Properties window opens with the Power Management tab available. 

If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. 

1. Click the Power Management tab and make sure that the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer is checked. 

2. Click OK, and then test to make sure that the keyboard can now wake the computer. If the computer still cannot wake from sleep mode, continue using these steps. 

3. For instructions on how to update the BIOS of your computer, see one of the following HP support documents: Updating the BIOS 

For more steps, please Click here 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

After days of troubleshooting I've finally figured out that the Omen Gaming Hub was the problem. Since uninstalling it, I stopped having this issue. HP was zero help with this. They tried everything I did, updating drivers, resetting windows, adjusting power settings etc. Download MSI afterburner and Ryzen Master for CPU and GPU overclock controls. 

HP Recommended

Greetings! 

  

This message is from the HP Support team, 

  

Just needed to know if all your queries were resolved? 

  

If not, I could help you get there. 

  

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,  followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

HP Recommended

@praveenbv wrote:

Greetings! 

  

This message is from the HP Support team, 

  

Just needed to know if all your queries were resolved? 

  

If not, I could help you get there. 

  

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,  followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

No, they have not been addressed. HP 30L is still not coming back after sleep and the support team is not providing the adequate resolution steps even several users are experiencing this (which can potentially damage the hardware and cause user data loss). 

HP Recommended

Hi@Tomachete,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to be checked by taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

@Christianel wrote:

Hi,

I was facing the same problem with my freshly bought Omen 30L... after searching all the forums and web, trying all the different methods and talking to the HP support with no success i finally found the solution to the "not waking up from sleep mode problem" AND the "setting Hyper X Fury lights in Omen Gaming Hub not available warning" 

The steps i took:

1. Open Windows Settings -> Updates and Security

2. Press the advanced alternatives options

3. Turn on "get updates for other microsoft products when i update windows"

4. Go back one step and search for updates

5. There will show up optional updates there

6. Expand the updates and there should be something called "HP Firmware", instal it and everything else that might had shown up.

7. Computer will restart and go in to a BIOS update screen, let it finish the install

8. After starting back up, login and test your fixed computer 🙂 

I could after the fact also remember this working for one other guy in a reddit post. but without mentioning all the steps to find the "HP Firmeware" update. Also note that the HP Support Assistant did NOT find this update, and support guy mentioned that i was on the latest BIOS update and had to wait... 

If this solves it for you, mark it as solution and try to share it in another forum so that someone more can get the needed help for these annoying problems on new and fresh PCs. 

MY PC:

HP Omen 30L

AMD Ryzen 7

RTX 3080

Hi all,

I wanted to give an update on this..

The method did indeed solve my problem temporarily.. however after 2weeks I started to experience the computer not waking up from sleep again.. tired of this pc and all the problems, also being uncertain if it was software or hardware related.. i got it exchanged at my retailer which took a week for them to get me a new one. 

After getting the new pc up and running I again got the same problem but even weirder this time also some weird flashes in my pc's power supply I decided to return the second unit aswell without getting a exchange. Giving up on HP and this Omen pc..

Thanks all

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.