Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey, I followed your steps and was only greeted with

2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5008353)

Do you happen to know if this is in any way related? I really don't feel like returning a 3080ti in the middle of a graphics card shortage. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/Sleep-and-Wake-From-Sleep-Issues/td-p/7371838

It seems this has been an issue with Omen computers since the start of 2020.

This increases my doubt that this will be solved. I will continue to search for solutions...

Update:

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/more-win-11-sleep-issues.3525/

According to the last "big" post on page 1 of this thread by mikjas it seems it is a hardware problem as a "feature". Good luck to you other unlucky souls reading this, sleep turned off permanentley. 

HP Recommended

@AdamCroz

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. 
The last thing I can suggest try and restore the OS back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue. The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So I fixed my omen 30l.  It was a hodgepodge of advice/information and something worked.  I went into the computer's system and changed some setting on the USB ports that the mouse and keyboard were plugged in to.  I found the path on reddit.  Im not a computer guy, just persistent.   Anyway, it all works perfect now.  So, I did everything the hp agent told me to do AND what I read on reddit THEN checked to see if it worked.  Hope that helps one of you brainy **bleep**s get to an explainable method.  CHEERS! 🍻

HP Recommended

Came here to let HP and others know that this issue isn't fixed yet.

I own 3 different HP OMEN 30L configurations and two of the three have this very same issue.  I've tried many of the suggestions posted here, but continue to have issues randomly.  One pattern I've noticed is that the two computers with this issue is that they both have a Ryzen 5 5600G CPU, while the lower end model Ryzen 5 3600 does not have the issue.  All three of my setups are using aftermarket Corsair Vengeance RAM, so the OEM Hyper X can't be the problem.  All three are using the same Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse so I doubt it's the issue.  All three are running latest version of all  HP software and Windows OS. The only thing I have NOT tried that's in this list is uninstalling the OMEN Gaming Hub. Perhaps I'll give that a shot in the coming months.  I also wonder if Windows Update restarts are causing this as I have all my setups set to update automatically. 

Finally, this is an issue that CONTINUES with Windows 11 as well as Windows 10, so it's not an OS issue. 

HP Recommended

What did you exchange it for? I'm running into the exact same problem where the Omen 30L won't wake up from sleep, and still have 7 days left to return it to Best Buy. Alienware is insanely expensive for the same spec machine (~$1k more), so curious what you moved over to. 

HP Recommended

I grabbed a 3070 from a Best Buy restock,  paired it with an i7 12700k ended up building my first PC. Just follow restock monitors in twitter and turn on notifications. Very happy with the build and kept it very close to the same price. 

HP Recommended

Can you provide the reddit link or the steps you took?

HP Recommended

I just got the Omen 30L desktop and have this same issue. I haven't seen any solutions I can try here. I have updated my Geforce drivers and BIOS. 

HP Recommended

Hi, same issue here with a brand new Omen 30L Desktop with Windows 11. Half the time it will not wake from sleep, the power button will not work, and I am required to pull the power plug. The 4 light zones on the desktop all stay lit to my configuration while asleep, and when I use the keyboard to wake it up only my keyboard will light up with no video output, tried multiple monitors and HDMI ports. The power button also does not do anything in this state, so the only way I can continue is pulling the power plug. Everything is up to date and all diagnostic tools I've ran including HP Support Assistant all say that everything is perfectly fine. I'm worried about damaging the system by doing this so I disabled sleep mode for now, but I would like it on and it's still a very worrying issue, especially for the price of this computer!

HP Recommended

I exchanged the computer for a brand new device and the new machine had the same exact problem. 

I ended up returning both machines and pursuing a different brand entirely. 

No known fix and little help from HP. If any of you are still within a return window I would highly recommend pursuing a different machine. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.