Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 30L
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, I recently purchased an Omen 30L AMD Ryzen 5 5700g and the memory is only clocking at 1600mhz from what I'm reading I have to update my bios to f.20 currently f.11 but windows update will not find an update I have tried using update driver from device manger with no luck there as well.  When you go to drivers and support on your site there is no Windows 11 options for OS which I was told by support there would be on Monday 12-20 yet still no options for Windows 11.  So how do I update my bios to unlock xmp so that my memory will run at 3200 instead of 1600?  The AMD Ryzen Master does not work with Windows 11 already tried that as well.  How am I supposed to get the performance I paid for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The core clock speed will show as 1600 MHz when checking memory using Ryzen Master or CPUID.

The memory will run at 3200 MHz if you have two sticks of memory installed in dual channel mode.

You need to provide a specific product number to check for the correct BIOS update for your MB. Check this site (Link) to provide a product number so the forum can check this.

I don't think you need a BIOS update. I don't think you have a memory problem.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

The core clock speed will show as 1600 MHz when checking memory using Ryzen Master or CPUID.

The memory will run at 3200 MHz if you have two sticks of memory installed in dual channel mode.

You need to provide a specific product number to check for the correct BIOS update for your MB. Check this site (Link) to provide a product number so the forum can check this.

I don't think you need a BIOS update. I don't think you have a memory problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

thank you didn't realize that

HP Recommended

Hi @BillM1762 ,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.