Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 30L Desktop GT13-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just bought a whole new HP omen 30L with the following specs. My problem is that it randomly shuts off and/or restart, without any error message.

Specs:
Operating system. Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz
System memory: 16 GB
Memory slot 1: 8GB Kingston 3200MHz
Memory slot 2: 8GB Kingston 3200MHz

Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
PSU: 750 W, HP
Motherboard: Something from Omen - Dorado_OC I think?
1024 GB M.2 SSD

Any Idea what the problem is?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Do you have adequate cooling? May be overheating

HP Recommended

I believe so - My CPUreach about 87 degree celcius, when I run several game at once / when I do stress tests. The shutdowns occur randomly, as far as I have experienced it yet. It can shut down, when I try to start up a game or when I just stand idle in a game, which shouldn't requre more, than when I'm in a battle?

My GPU doesn't reach a high temperature than my CPU at any point.

Could it by any means, be the power outlet form an extension cord, from which it share power with e.g. the PC screen and WIFI-router?

HP Recommended

Hello
I'm not sure I understand your last point.
But you can try plugging the computer into an electrical outlet on your own, at least to check!
that said, with the configuration of this computer, there shouldn't be any issues with most games.
If the computer turns off for no reason, I would recommend that you contact your dealer, or after-sales service, as soon as possible.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Just to clarify my previous comment about  power outlet / extension cord:  Earlier I had connected my PC's power supply through an extension cord, that resulted in my PC suddenly shut down for no reason. Now that I have my PC's power supply is directly connected in the power outlet, it has only restarts randomly, one time, in the past couple of days.

Could it be a missing update, that make it restart?

HP Recommended

Usually when an update is in progress, it shows.
I'm not saying it's not that, but if you have a windows update, when the computer restarts you have the installation progress.
But watch this, if within a few days it does not happen again, so much the better!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Something really weird had happened. Earlier today, I were playing "Don't Starve Together" and a few minutes after I closed the game, the computer froze and a few seconds after, the compter restarted. Afterwards the restart, I checked for updates (there were a few, including nvidia update). After I installed the updates and tried to open "Don't Starve Together" again, the game has for some reason been uninstalled?

I've never experienced anything like that before? Could it be because the error were caused by the game?

HP Recommended

"After I installed the updates and tried to open "Don't Starve Together" again, the game has for some reason been uninstalled?"
I don't quite understand what you are saying here
the game is uninstalled, have you checked it, or does it no longer work?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Sorry, for my sloppy english. I updated the available updates and after the updates, I wanted to check if the game "Don't Starve Together" triggered any problems, that made the computer restart.

The reason why the game were uninstalled, could be a problem with Steam(The program)

HP Recommended

strange, until this day i have never seen a game uninstalled like this ..
Games on steam are generally up to date and compatible.
Have you reinstalled the game since?
It's a game that doesn't require a lot of configuration, so it shouldn't restart a computer like that!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.