Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is your 30L an AMD one? 

HP Recommended

Sorry to say this but I STRONGLY recommend that you use HWiNFO or CPU-Z to check the memory speeds. Even  Windows Task Manager should be enough.

Because the HP support assistant is somehow bugged which causes it to show false speeds for the memory, here is a link to a finnish HP Omen thread where the user failed to get simlarly specced Kingston Predator memory to work with the correct speeds: [content removed]

The pictures on the post tell everything, both the Windows Task Manager and HWiNFO -software are saying that the memory is only running at 2400MHz speeds while the HP support assistant is falsely claiming 3200MHz speeds.

The point of concern for those sticks you linked are the XMP- and JEDEC-profiles, they don't have 3200MHz JEDEC-profile:

FACTORY TIMING PARAMETERS
• Default (JEDEC): DDR4-2400 CL17-17-17 @1.2V
• XMP Profile #1: DDR4-3200 CL16-18-18 @1.35V
• XMP Profile #2: DDR4-3000 CL15-17-17 @1.35V

HP Recommended

Yeah it’s a AMD based Omen 30L

HP Recommended

Yeah lol... I used task manager to check, I don’t know what else I would use. 3200mhz right out of the box indicated by task manager. I booted several time to check, ran a bunch of programs, checked a view more times and yeah it works perfectly. I haven’t checked Ryzen Master, but I’m pretty sure it would give me the same results. I never use the HP assistant anyways.  If it’s clearly working for me, and I’ve noticed performance wise anyways it clearly is, I don’t have any reason to download anything else or try to fix it lol.

HP Recommended

@Matt_B_33 where did you place your order for the HyperX?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.