Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC IDS Base Models (ArticunoI)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have my Omen gaming hub launch on PC startup and the case/fan lights usually work fine for a little while, but after I open steam and start gaming, after 30 minutes or so (if that), the lights go out, revert back to standard RBG colors, and then start blinking and then cannot be adjusted in the Omen gaming hub. This just started happening recently. When I checked the system vitals the temperature on GPU and CPU seemed normal or at least well below any critical levels that would cause an issue. Also, the power supply should be more than capable of powering all of the lighting and gaming at the same time...

Even when the PC is shut down and then turned right back on, the lights still blink and still cannot be adjusted. Only after being shut down for a full day will the lights go back to "normal", but then again experience the same issue when I start gaming. Not sure if this is a driver issue, power issue, or otherwise, but I tried updating the bus driver and it says I am using the most current version, so that did nothing. I called HP customer support last night. They had me run an optional BIOS and firmware update last night hoping that would fix it, but it did not. I'm not sure if this is a BIOS issue, driver issue, power issue, or other. Any help is appreciated for a true solution!

Thank you.

Update: It has been a full day since I last booted up the computer and the lights are still flickering when I turn it on and lighting cannot be adjusted via the Omen Gaming Hub.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Have you had any feedback on how to fix this?

HP Recommended

No, I have not received any feedback thus far and I am still experiencing the issue every day.

HP Recommended

Same here. This Omen is the worst computer I ever had (bunch of issues).... But I always thougt to my self, atleast it looks good. Now I have to hide it because of the constant flashing.

The memory lights are not flashing though...

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that... Fortunately this has been my only issue with this PC; from a performance standpoint mine has held up excellently, but this flashing light issue is quite annoying and HP support desk has not been much help thus far, sadly.

HP Recommended

Hi,  I had the same issue on my Omen 45L and could solve it by creating my own profile within the "OMEN Gaming Hub". Since I did so, the lightning is working fine. Before I just had changed the Standard profile and experienced serveral issues with it (lights on the fan don't work, CPU lightning don't work, ...).

Give it a try, maybe it's solving your issues as well.

Best regards

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, both the front lights, the interior lights, and the fan lights are flickering for no reason or control, I can't turn them off and the OMEN Gaming Hub is of no use, and no one on the official discord seems to be able to help me.

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear -- does not seem to be a simple fix or I would assume someone would have proposed a solution by now. The issue seems to be directly tied, at least for me, to launching programs such as games on Steam. Not sure if it's a graphics card issue, power supply issue, or just a malfunction with the lighting control itself.

I uninstalled the Omen Gaming Hub and that shut off some of the lighting eventually, but I still get occasional flickering when launching or playing a game. The memory stick/RAM lighting is the only thing that does not seem to be affected for some reason.

HP Recommended

In my case the exact same thing happens to me as here in this video:

[content removed]

I have the same computer, an OMEN 40L, and I'm having the same problem as in the OP's video. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.