Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC GT22-0000i (393C5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a Omen 45L, i7, RTX 3090. The Power Supply Fan seems to turn off and on (or ramp up) and its loud and annoying.

I get how that is supposed to work, but mine spins up when I am simply scrolling through web-pages so hard to know if is really working as intended. Because this is an OEM Coolmaster, I can't find specifics.  Don't really want to get into the send this back mode.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello

You have a really great PC. The power supply fan should only kick in when power supply temps are going up. So PSU temps are increasing when the part is not under load (not good), you are not gaming or stress testing the PC, or this component is malfunctioning.

I would think you could have a bad PSU if the component fans are ramping up when only viewing web sites.

I don't see any other option to fix this other than contacting HP for warranty support.

HP Recommended

Thanks for answering🙏 Well then i will contact the support again. hope this turns out well 👍

HP Recommended

Hello

Maybe HP Support can fix your problem.

HP Recommended

HP Support fixed the Problem it was a bad PSU 

downside it took over one month to fix it😳😂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.