Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC GT22-0000a (4E978AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Does the AIO cooler shipped with the Best Buy model of the 45L have a ring light on the pump face like the product photos all show? Mine doesn't light up and it doesn't show up in Light Studio. Wondering if they ship a different model with this one to cut costs (like the slower 3x4 SSD that ships in it). 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@nbirchler,

Interesting question.  An inquiring mind wants to know: are you perchance referring to one of these two Omen 45L PC GT22 models sold by Best Buy? pc gt22-0000 - Best Buy

HP Recommended

The best way to get the answer to that question would be to call or go to a store where they have an Omen 45 Gaming desktop setup for display and ask them.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yes, I have the AMD-based model from the link.

I asked the question on the Best Buy website and an HP rep responded that it does, but this seems to be incorrect. I popped the case and there is no lead from the cooler pump to the LED board header for the cooler. It's not that it's not plugged in. There's just no lead at all. Seems they put it in the product photos but don't actually ship the computer with it.

HP Recommended

@nbirchler,

Looking from the outside in, proverbially speaking, that would violate Federal 'Truth in Advertising' terms in spirit if not the letter in my opinion. You should be given the option to return your PC and get your money back.  If they refuse, you could raise the stakes a bit by informing Best Buy that you may consider to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.  Link:  https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/truth-advertising

Sometimes the "good cop" approach doesn't work.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I just got one delivered directly from HP last week and it doesnt have the rgb light around the cooler but the cooler is working. Perhaps it is a cost cutting measure on the ones being put together in mexico.  Thats where mine was put together.  Hp says it was to speed up wait times but i think the cheaper mexican labor was for  cost cutting.  Mine shipped out of new mexico on the tracking after it crossed the boarder.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.