4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen 870-032 Fan problems

OMEN by HP 870-000 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP

Last year in februar (2017) I buy a HP Omen 870-032ng desktop pc. When the pc was new, I make a lot of tests and benchmarks and the results was this:

CPU temps on idle: 30 C

CPU on Loads with prime 95, intel burning tests, xtu stresstest was 93-100 C

CPU with games: Battlefield 1 82-89 C, The witcher 3: 85-86 C, Gta 5: 70-80C. 

I know, 6700k its safe up to 100 C but, but, but... I dont want to short my PC Cpu lifetime (Please dont try to convince me thats not true, I dont wanna open a subject like that), I buy this PC with 2000 euro and thats a lot of money and I want to keep my cpu under 70 C anyway. 

So my decision was to buy a new CPU cooler. My decision was msi core frozr xl. I know, its doesnt fit in this little PC house, its just sticking out of pc case, thats not a problem for me. 

Now the biggest temperature with the new cooler was 64 C. Thats cool but here comes another problem.

- In HP Bios it's no option for setup fan speed. 

- Yet, the MSI Core froze Xl it's use the original PWM settings from the little 90mm factory fan, thats mean its rotate to fast and make a lot of noise. The idle rpm its 1100. Thats twice more than what the MSI-Core Froze XL realy needs.

Just to show: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/CORE-FROZR-XL/Overview

MSI say this its the normal working: 500 - 1800 ±15% RPM

In load, its 3000-4000. That its really too much so I will destroys my cpu fan lifetime... 

(Steps what I already try:

Search for custom bios=negative

Search for PWM regulator whats work in this case=negative

Thinking about suicide because I cant find any solutions=positive)

- Can you help me to find a solution to setup the fan speed manualy, or maybe I better buy a new motherboard and forget HP forever? (This its the most important part)

Best solution for me: A new bios version where I can setup the fan speed... Right now I use the newest bios fw from the hp, version A0.57 Rev.A

You know... I dont need Jesus or Satan, I just want something what every manufacturer have... CUSTOM FAN SETUP IN BIOS!!!!!

Its a sad story because the hardware actually its very cool.... Just the compatibility... Just like apple...  Its compatible with himself. 

(Actually I have more problem with this machine, a really cool Coil Whine from the GPU, a spinnup problem with HDD what I just fixed with a software whats reglate HDD apm settings)

Best Regards 

Alex

p.s. Please send this message to an engineer. I really need a normal answer from a really expert. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,578 11,569 564 606
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Alexianis,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I understand that you are in need of support.

Don't worry I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Are you facing this issue after an update?

I have a few recommendations: 

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS 

• Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean 

• Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat 

• Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes 

• Selecting power saves settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use 

For more details: Click here 

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Alexianis
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear HP, Bot Raj. 

My requirements was a REAL person, not a bot, anyway... I have to open a new forum subject and write some of the faults and how to cure them.

Bye

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,578 11,569 564 606
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Alexianis,

Thanks for the reply.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted on any other assistance.

Hope that helps! Let me know 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. 

To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Alexianis
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I already find a solution! 

I keep the important parts: CPU, GPU, SSD, HDD, RAM

I buyed new parts: PC House, New Asus Z270 Motherboard, New CPU cooler, New PSU.

The new config its working like magic. (I didn't win the silicon lottery, my CPU its stable just to 4,6 Ghz at 1,37 V adaptive wit 0.020 offset voltage but it's better then the factory 4.0) 

Now I'm glad because NO MORE HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation