Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help deciding which PSU I should upgrade to for the omen 870 I've looked all over and found a PSU but I did not think to myself if this would fit so could I please have some help?

Here is a link to the PSU I hope to upgrade or anything that will fit that has 550w or close to: https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Warranty-220-G2-0550-Y1/dp/B0106RDI3W/ref=sr_1_15?s=el...

I have a feeling it will not fit or if It does I want to know if its a big issue with it being a top mounted PSU if so is there any way around this without having to get a new case.

If I have to get a different PSU could I get some help finding one within the range of 550w - 600w Thank you, and if you have any other solutions please share.

Sys info

CPU: i3-7100

GPU: RX 460

I plan on upgrading to a GTX 960 I have if I'm able to upgrade the PSU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ledzep1, welcome to the forum.

The best way to know if the PSU will fit is, measure the existing PSU and compare the measurements with the one that you choose.  The EVGA PSU is 3.3 x 6.5 x 5.91 in.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ledzep1, welcome to the forum.

The best way to know if the PSU will fit is, measure the existing PSU and compare the measurements with the one that you choose.  The EVGA PSU is 3.3 x 6.5 x 5.91 in.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

I've measured it and it should fit, one more thing how big of an issue is it going to be considering its a top mounted PSU case

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @ledzep1.

Is the existing PSU installed in the top or bottom of the case?  It doesn't matter if the fan on the PSU is facing up or down, however.

HP Recommended

It's on the top

HP Recommended

Thanks!

You should have no problems with the PSU.  

Just a bit of history, I have been using and building computers since 1984.  Up until the past decade the PSU was always on the top of the case.  When I saw my first computer with the PSU in the bottom of the case I thought there was a mistake.  I knew that heat rises and couldn't imagine that the PSU in the bottom of the case was correct --- but it was. :Wink:  Now, it doesn't seem as strange, however.

HP Recommended

I needed to make sure everything would work and you assured me of that. Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.