Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I recently have tried to upgrade my ram from 8 gb to 16 gb. 

I bought 2 8 gb stick as followed: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-vengeance-lpx-series-16gb-2pk-8gb-2-4ghz-ddr4-desktop-memory-bl...

I plugged both sticks into the available ram slots and only one is currently working. 

I tried switching both rams to different slots to see if it was the ram itself but both seem to be working fine.

I also tried starting up the computer with f2 to check bios and it says for the 2nd one that "Dimm: Not installed" and even upgraded my bios as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Thats a problem with either the motherboard or the cpu. You can try and see if the stick that came with the computer will work in the second slot 

HP OMEN 7700 I7 1070 gtx
MSI GT73VRE TITAN
HP Recommended

I tried that as well and it didn't work 😕

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.