Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (254 Views)

Omen 870-260na wont send signal to monitor

Product Name: Omen 870-260na
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Trying to set this up, its new and there is no signal/wont connect to my Aoc monitor (2 year's old).  Checked and rechecked connections. I'm hoping I dont have to buy new monitor. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (228 Views)

Re: Omen 870-260na wont send signal to monitor

@jiggyq99

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy 

I understand that you have an HP OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-260na and when you connect an AOC monitor it there is no display. I'll do my best to help.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• To which port are you connecting the monitor? Is it the VGA, HDMI or DVI port?
  • Almost all monitors have a "monitor self test" option. Which means you power on the monitor without it being connected to the PC. If you get a display saying "no input signal detected" or something like this. If there is some other method of running a self test for your monitor then please check with the manufacturer. 
  • Please check what display resolution is supported by the monitor.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to perform the steps as described in detail from this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. Cheers! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation